New pen kits!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

chigdon

I just got back from our club's annual symposium and Rex Burningham from Craft Supply was one of our featured turners. He did a session on pen turning and had examples of some new kits and blanks that will be coming out in the next month or two.

The first one is a collectors addition that they are only making 500 of. It is called the Emporor's Pen. It is large and looks like an all metal Ligero the size of a Gentleman's Pen. It has an 18k gold 2 tone nib (that makes it pricey). I think they may offer that for the Statesman as well. It is going to come out at around $130 range which will limit the number I will buy significantly but I thought it was something the group would want to hear about.

The other one (I don't know the name of) looks like a flared solid body with out a clip. It is a great design in my opinion and should be a little easier to swallow price wise.

They also have some new pen blanks like bamboo and stabilized redwood bark (100% bark). I was able to buy his one example of the redwood bark blank and will post a pic after turning it.

This is NOT an add for Craft Supply -- I wish I was making money writing this. I just wanted to share the news of what I saw.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

chigdon

It's the Georgia Association of Woodturners which meets at Highland Hardware in Atlanta and this was at our yearly symposium.

The kit is very nice but it will be hard to get up the nerve to spend that much on a kit. On the other hand it is hard to let them go without at least getting one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom