New Ligero Kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

wayneis

As a FYI or Public service anouncement I submit the following information. For those that are just purchasing the new Ligero kit from CSUSA it calls for a 17/32" drill bit. I couldn't get one so I punted. I found that by using a 33/64" bit the resulting hole was just a tad tight. What I did was wrap a small piece of 220 grit sandpaper around a smaller bit and then run it through the hole by hand and enlarge it just enough for a very good fit. I then was able to use epoxy which I prefer but one could also use CA with no problems. Someone suggested a 35/64" bit with gorilla glue because the hole would be oversize but I liked the the way that I ended up doing it better.

Wayne

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

I always buy the starter set, not that bad of a deal, you get fresh bits, a pen kit and the bushings. Problem is, I got all that but no kits yet.

Wayne, you also touched on a sore spot with me. Why is it the powers to be, every time they come out with a new kit, the tubes are a tenth longer, the hole has to be a 1/16 larger. The bushings a touch smaller. Come on. Somethings can standardized. One can turn into a parts house, housing all the bits, bushings & tubes. Anthony

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
For the most part, it's not necessary to buy bushings and bits for every kit. A good vernier caliper and a complete set of carbide tipped bits, in 64th inch increments up to 3/4 inch can be purchased online for about $50 US. Not only does that take care of the "parts house" problem, but it adds loads of flexibility in designing pens! [8D]

jkirkb94

Here's a link to some good brad point drill bits. They have worked for me. I personally use carbide for most of my blanks but these are worth the money. Kirk [8D] http://order.harborfreight.com/EasyAsk/harborfreight/results.jsp

wayneis

I use either the Noreman that Bill Baumbeck sells or if I can find the correct size then my preference is the Dewalt pilot point. The Dewalt bits run truer than any bit that I've tried.

Wayne

PenWorks

I will secound that on the Dewalt pilot point. The tit that sticks out sure helps cut down the breakage when cutting thru resins. Anthony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom