new idea

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

AnachitlPut

i was woundering if yall ever heard of spelling some thing in the wood. i was thinking of doing it but wanted to pass it by yall first.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan26

If you have a scroll saw you could cut the letters out of different colored wood or acrylics, glue them to the tube, then cast in acrylic. I had thought of this once for a teacher, but never got around to it.

JCochrun

Funny that you mention this. I was thinking of doing this for a friend of mine. He is a Michigan fan and was thinking of doing a blue acrylic with a yellow 'M' in it. Don't have a scroll saw but know someone that does. I'm sure he will let me use it. Just need to get the time to work on it.

Jim

AnachitlPut

yeah but i was thinking about more like cutting the letters form one pieces of wood and then filling it with a differnt color wood.

robutacion

i was woundering if yall ever heard of spelling some thing in the wood. i was thinking of doing it but wanted to pass it by yall first.

Hahahahaha Luke, I let you on a little secret about IAP...!:wink:

"New Ideas" among IAP members, are few and far in between, what I mean is, 99% of times, what you are thinking in doing, has already been tried or done by this "mob" and, if you come up here disclosing and idea that you have that, on a odd chance, is new to everyone, I will betcha 100 bucks that before you even start working on it, someone here will be done and over with before you, that is guaranteed...!:eek::wink::biggrin:

Now, this only mean that we have a lot of smart people in here, with the tools and know how to do pretty much anything, you just have to give then a "hint" and they are on to it like "tigers"...!:biggrin:

Hahahahah, I saw this happening so many times in here that, I will give you a free and friendly piece of advice, if you have an idea that represents a business opportunity to you, keep it to yourself for as long as possible, and keep it away from IAP, if you on the other hand, have and idea that you want to share with everyone, just for the sake of it then, you are in the right place, people here will love you for it...!:wink:

It would be unnecessary to say that, my opinion of IAP members is of high respect and admiration and any of my observations on new ideas and stuff is in fact very true and correct, this is not a bad thing but has caught many people by surprise, reason why I feel necessary to advise those with "new ideas"...!:wink::)

Cheers
George

I have been batting around the same idea for a little while now using a mosaic type style. Haven't put saw to board yet, just thinking about how small those pieces would be makes the bellybutton pucker a little. If you have the saw, try build the blank. Just be sure to count your fingers before you start. :biggrin:
As for copying ideas, If somebody is walking behind you on the sidewalk, they may not be following you, they may just be going in the same place.

George wins.

You mean like this?
399118893.jpg

Simple one letter veneer inlaid into a pen blank. Been there, done that, George wins.

Top Bottom