New discovery

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I made a pen using one of my all time favorite kits , Tapa Pacifica chrome and Black Ti (thanks for the correction Warren). While buffing off the Renwax , using my all time favorite Micro-fiber towel it found the end of the decorative band around the cap . :frown: See photo , never mind the poor scrolling .:redface: :biggrin: Just didn't know these bands had ends . Live and learn . :rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_0468.JPG
    IMG_0468.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 331
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

warreng8170

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't that actually the Pacifica from WoodPenPro and not a Sierra? I doubt they are made by the same manufacturer and therefore probably made diffently. I have made both and found that, to me, there is a vast quality difference.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I had began to wonder if you were human with all the nice work you have done lately. Now I know!!!:wink:
Well , thank you Bob ! I had it goin pretty well for awhile . :redface:

Warren , you may be right . I bought some kits from Woodenpen pro awhile back . Should have checked that out first before I posted that it was a Sierra . Thanks for bringing that to my attention .

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't that actually the Pacifica from WoodPenPro and not a Sierra? I doubt they are made by the same manufacturer and therefore probably made diffently. I have made both and found that, to me, there is a vast quality difference.
Thanks Warren , you were right and I corrected the OP .

Buzzzz4

Blank looks great. I've had the same issue with the Pacifica and the vendor took care of it immediately after I sent back the kit.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks Gary !
Eric , thanks for the advice . This pen is not flawless , so rather than send it back , I'll fix it with a drop of CA . Just wanted folks to be aware that this can happen .

cnirenberg

Chuck,
Sorry to hear that you are human , Thanks Rollerbob. I've had a streak of bad mojo lately myself. You are still the man, man.

Russianwolf

chuck, there was a Bad batch that Jim got that had this problem. Send him an email and he'll probably send out replacement finials to you without any returns. Have a look at any others and if the seem is visible let him know. You shouldn't be able to see the seem at all.

Top Bottom