New Cross click

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

flip

One of my employees asked me if I had seen the new Cross gel click pen, which of course I hadn't. I have been on the hunt for something slim like this in a kit but it appears no one offers it. If someone could reverse engineer the Cross they might be worth while.

Ed McDonnell

The cross click can be found for around $20. Given the size of the refill and the diameter of the pen, it would likely have to be made from metal, which eliminates the fancy woods and resins that most pen turners use to add value to a pen kit.

Slim click pens are a fun "kitless" project, but I don't see how a truly slim click based on the new cross gel refill could be an economically viable "kit". Then again, maybe I'm just lacking vision.

Ed

flip

Yea, the diameter and mechanism was of more interest than anything. My son is making a couple for the sister in law and the two he made from PSI kits are huge. She usually carries a red and black pen for chart marking and the two "torpedoes" he made would look really goofy hanging off the pocket of a lab coat.

Top Bottom