New and creative options for pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

leehljp

Member Liaison
After looking at Mesquiteman's "Cactus" pens, My mind had been going crazy with "what else" would be good?

I was in a specialty hobby craft store today unlike anything I have ever seen in the US of A and saw some different materials that might and might not work.

1. Natural sponge - Would it look good dyed different colors and cast like the Cactus pens?

2. Beautiful but small iridescent feathers - glued like snakeskin around the tubes and then cast in PR.

3. Saw some Frog skin leather too.

It will be a while before I can try these out but thought I would pass these ideas along and ask you if you had ideas of unusual items to experiment with.

One more note, for those who do not know what a Tokyu Hands is - it is a chain of stores here in Japan that has some of the most unusual hobby craft items you could ever dream of. Similar to but quite different from a Michaels or Hobby Lobby, but much much more variety of hobbies.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Hmmm...frogskin....I guess I could go gigging this weekend! BTW, feathers make for a really great look.

<b>Image Insert:</b><br />
2006211153831_Feather3.jpg
<br />

Jerryconn

Lou,
That is really cool! I was wondering about this a while back, I found some Turkey feathers on our land and curious if it could cast in resin, Thanks for the pic! Thanks for the ideas Hank!

schellfarms

I bought a loofah sponge at wal mart last week. I hope to try to make something that looks like the cactus blanks, but without the hazards of gathering the cactus. I'm still trying to work up the courage to try casting it, as I'm new to casting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom