New Continental kit from Woodcraft?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Carl Fisher

Has anyone turned the new Continental kit from woodcraft?

I picked up a couple of the twist ballpoint versions on the last trip just to see how they look/feel. Just curious if anyone has tried them yet.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Carl Fisher

That was my initial thought, but since I haven't turned an Atrax yet, I wasn't sure if it was the same kit.

It has an extra brass tube that appears to go from the cap to the transmission inside the main upper tube. Hadn't seen that before.

glycerine

You know, now that you mention it, I have seen lot's of Atrax rollerballs posted here, but I can't recall if anyone has done the ballpoint yet...
That sounds similar to the way the cigar ballpoints work. There's a long brass tube inside the upper that grasps the transmission.

Turned Around

aww man. i read the title, looked them up, they're decently priced, now i have to get some to try out. they look pretty nice

Carl Fisher

I posted the finished kit in SOYP (running man)

As Ed mentioned, compatible kit with the Atrax and Triton and heavy for a ballpoint due to the size and the amount of blank left when finished. I like it as a good alternative to the ballpoint cigar kits (same double twist action) and think I'll start carrying a few of these in the lineup.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I posted the finished kit in SOYP (running man)

As Ed mentioned, compatible kit with the Atrax and Triton and heavy for a ballpoint due to the size and the amount of blank left when finished. I like it as a good alternative to the ballpoint cigar kits (same double twist action) and think I'll start carrying a few of these in the lineup.

When I was doing shows, I really liked the Jr. Gent size. I could turn the pen and THEN decide if it was a Jr. Gent, Jr Retro, Jr Statesman based on how "pretty" the pen looked.

The same is now true of the Atrax and the Triton. And the prices are about the same as I was paying for the Jr series---which is NOW much higher if you want to use the Jr. States.

If there is room in your display for all of them, I could sure see some marketing advantages to the numerous "price points" you could fill.

Food for thought,

Ed

Top Bottom