New Clip

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jrc

There is one pen that I keep thinking about and I have made a few of is the cigar pen. One of the things I like most is the clip, simple and works well with the pen and you don't have to pry it open to clip into your pocket. The pen seems to look good in any shape and in any material. I wish they would make a clip like that for the slimline. The gentleman's Jr pen is the other that seems to be a reasonably good pen kit. I have a small box full of kits that I never made more than one of the for one reason or another I did not think the were very good kits. Who do you talk to in the pen business to put the bug in there ear about getting some different clips made? 95% of my business buys the slimline and comforts without the grip and it would be nice to have a better choice of a better working clip. I don't mean to make a big deal out of this but I think the people making these kits should realy look and see how they work and think how to make them better. I have a good friend that told me the pen I made him with the ball on the end snaged a very expensive shirt and every pen I make with a ball on the clip I think of that.

timdaleiden

Jim,

I think the easiest way to fix your clip problem is to tweak them yourself. The ball end clips could be filed a bit on the underside, to make sure they are smooth. Once you assemble, adjust the tension.

You can always make suggestions to the companies that make the kits too. They seem willing and able to make improvements. From what I have gathered, the kits have gotten much better over the years.

Andy Ryan

JRC.
There is a fellow in the pen makers guild who has made his own clips out of sheet brass. This is available at any hobby shop, and brass is easly worked with woodworking tools. chech out Jay Pickens gallery at http://www.turtlewoodworks.com/pmgallery/pickensjgal2.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom