New from Berea - Lever Action Ballpoint Kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Joe S.

I like the idea, but something about it seems a little off... Maybe this is a good kit to turn into a steampunk frankenpen! Thanks for sharing.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I've seen it at their office... past 6 weeks... they keep playing with it to test the mechanism. They have tried to abuse the lever. This past Tuesday it was still clicking...

Now, I have no "hands-on" use of the kit.

Last edited:

magpens

If anyone does turn this pen, I'd like the tube and bushing diameters if you wouldn't mind.

Regards,

Just want to say thank you, Wayne, for maintaining this database.
I use it in some way nearly every day. :):):)

It's a pity that all kit manufacturers don't publish in their instructions the tube dimensions and the bushing dimensions. PSI is pretty good at doing that.

magpens

Click on the link I posted, Dan. There is a picture there at the Berea website.

jttheclockman

not sure if we can do a smaller photo

LeverAction1.jpg

Last edited:

Rodnall

I would worry about how far the lever sticks out. Hopefully the lever is thick enough to take some abuse.

jttheclockman

I am guessing the lever acts as the clip also and that would be worrisome. I do not like any of these type pens. They are all gimmicks. Nothing in there says I made a pen. They probably will sell well for awhile because a new idea. Just another entry into the cartridge pen family. As mentioned the machine gun is coming next. Have not seen many of the Gatlin guns showing up in photos. :)

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I like the idea, but something about it seems a little off... Maybe this is a good kit to turn into a steampunk frankenpen! Thanks for sharing.
The lever is backwards from how it would appear on a rifle.
I agree. That's what makes it look off to me too. Of course it wouldn't work as a clip if it were reversed.
At least it would take some rethinking of the design .....

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I am guessing the lever acts as the clip also and that would be worrisome. I do not like any of these type pens. They are all gimmicks. Nothing in there says I made a pen. They probably will sell well for awhile because a new idea. Just another entry into the cartridge pen family. As mentioned the machine gun is coming next. Have not seen many of the Gatlin guns showing up in photos. :)
Of course they are gimmick John, "gimmicks" are a big business in the world today - look at what is going on with cell phones -- 90% of the changes are gimmicks and a sizable segment of the population is willing to pay through the nose for them every 8 or 9 months. Why would we ever expect the hand made pen business to be different. The gimmicks abound because there is a market for them.

Dale Allen

Seems backward huh?
Well, I'm guessing that the designers have no idea how a lever action really works.
Look at what they did with the bolt action...it was backward too. ROTFLMAO

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Seems backward huh?
Well, I'm guessing that the designers have no idea how a lever action really works.
Actually the bolt action operated in the right direction when installed on the proper side of the pen it was (more or less) just put in the wrong place. Additionally when the action was moved to the right place the clip was upside down. Neither was really backward...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Dale Allen

Seems backward huh?
Actually the bolt action operated in the right direction when installed on the proper side of the pen it was (more or less) just put in the wrong place. Additionally when the action was moved to the right place the clip was upside down. Neither was really backward...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

:laugh::rotfl: such gibberish!!!

Magicbob

i saw the prototype a month ago, looked very robust to me.
I will make a few and I am sure they will sell well

79spitfire

I bought one to see how it goes. The regular bolt action cartridge pens haven't sold well because they are UN-comfortable to write with. These might be a bit better.

magpens

I bought one to see how it goes. The regular bolt action cartridge pens haven't sold well because they are UN-comfortable to write with. These might be a bit better.

I am surprised to hear that. Somehow I had formed the impression that bolt action pens were top sellers.

Of course, we have two levels of selling to consider: (1) pen kit retailers selling to penturners, and, (2) penturners selling to their customers.

I am wondering at which level the regular bolt action cartridge pens haven't sold well.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

I am surprised to hear that. Somehow I had formed the impression that bolt action pens were top sellers.

Of course, we have two levels of selling to consider: (1) pen kit retailers selling to penturners, and, (2) penturners selling to their customers.

I am wondering at which level the regular bolt action cartridge pens haven't sold well.
I think the sales to turners have sort of leveled off, at least for me they have. Maybe not just for the bolt actions but cartridge pens in general. They could be turning into a "seasonal" kind of item...Hunting Seasons. I gave my son-in-law a cartridge pen about 5 years ago he uses it during hunting season and puts it up the rest of the year.

Top Bottom