New article - "Turning A Better Pen From Wood"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Harris

Fantastic...

I loved the part about turning round first then continue on. For me, that makes sense. Much easier to turn on the mandrel.

Harris

sefali

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Christmas Eve will make a year of turning for me, and there was a lot of info in there that I've rushed over in that time. Some new info in there as well. Gotta remember to slow down, more than anything else.

RAdams

Banned
Wow. It took me 3 and 1/2 years of trial and error, one IAP chapter meeting, and abut 6 months of reading posts and looking at pics to learn all that, and i am still learning! Very helpful atricle.

The only part i would have added would be that If you drill with a drill press, and pliers, the square blanks are sometimes easier to hold and keep square to the table than round ones.

cnirenberg

Russ,
Thanks for taking the time to put this together. I have learned quite a lot from your articels and postings over the years. Thanks again.

avbill

Russ Thank you, because this old dog learned some new tricks! There many very important points that we (1) just gloss over. thanks for reminding us!

leehljp

Member Liaison
Russ,

When we get new folks here wanting some tips, I think this would be an excellent link. Is it OK if we post the link to those wanting tips or to new members in part of their welcome?

Thanks

Hank

Rick_G

Good article Russ. Just one problem. That first item mentioned PRACTICE, and more PRACTICE. I don't want to practice I just want to do it. :biggrin: Just like when I learned to solder electronics in the military many years ago. Looks pretty easy but takes lots of practice to get it right.

Top Bottom