New Apprentice Jr Gent Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
CSUSA has a new product called the Apprentice Jr Gentleman's pen. They have it for $4.99 a piece! It looks just like the other Jr Gent pens but its listed as slightly smaller in diameter. I wonder if the quality is ok?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I think I will go to the store after work and get a few. I guess I need to buy the bushings for this pen since its new?

ToddMR

Very interesting. You will have to let us know how they are Ed. I know I liked the Tycoon I got from PSI thus far.

bitshird

It looks just like the one that the sort of group buy was done on, sure looks like the series 1 Jr Gent because it doesn't have the faceted grip section, and it's price is cheap. sad thing is only gold, good thing is No waiting,

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Group buy

It looks just like the one that the sort of group buy was done on, sure looks like the series 1 Jr Gent because it doesn't have the faceted grip section, and it's price is cheap. sad thing is only gold, good thing is No waiting,

Please do not refer to my sale of kits to IAP members as a group buy. Trust me - those kits were bought and resold by me. I offered a lower price to IAP members who agreed to pay in advance, but they are buying from me -- not my supplier. If they have any problems with the kits they will deal with me to get them resolved. There are strict requirements for group buys, some of which I do not adhere to because of the bookkeeping requirements.

tool-man

I just looked at their web site and they show both gold and chrome now.

When someone gets the kit please post your impressions here.

Andy

dgscott

Hold it - CUSA selling Rizheng kits? Say it ain't so! :)

That's what it looks like to me. I've had Jr. Gents both from Rizheng and Dayacom, and the biggest visual difference is in the threaded areas -- Dayacom's are all clad in the same plating as the rest of the components, Rizheng's threads are black. There are a couple of other differences, like thinner brass tubes in the Rizheng. At least, that's been my experience.

Doug

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
My guess is that it's the same kit I just sold a whole bunch of people...maybe not but the pricing looks like it and the assembled kit looks to me like the same pen.

One of the differences between us. I would not sell a product that I had to GUESS about.

Like this pen, I will buy it first to evaluate it, THEN I will KNOW if I want to seek a way to sell it and if it looks unique for the IAP or is a copy of some other pen.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Read again

One of the differences between us. I would not sell a product that I had to GUESS about.

Like this pen, I will buy it first to evaluate it, THEN I will KNOW if I want to seek a way to sell it and if it looks unique for the IAP or is a copy of some other pen.

My guess was about the source of what CSUSA is selling, not about what I am selling.

I have bought at least one of every pen, pencil and key ring kit that my supplier sells but I don't quite have all the finishes.

Last edited:

IPD_Mrs

That's what it looks like to me. I've had Jr. Gents both from Rizheng and Dayacom, and the biggest visual difference is in the threaded areas -- Dayacom's are all clad in the same plating as the rest of the components, Rizheng's threads are black. There are a couple of other differences, like thinner brass tubes in the Rizheng. At least, that's been my experience.

Doug

From looking at the photos this is one of the problems we would have with purchasing this inexpensive model, although we have no idea if it is Rizhengs or not. The black threads generally wear poorly from our experience in the past. Also, 24K doesn't wear nearly as well as many of the other gold finishes (Titanium gold for example).
Personally, we'd rather pay a little more for kits and know we are selling quality in the end.

Mike & Linda

Top Bottom