New at this

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

solobiker

I just recently started to learn how to make pens. Boy are they fun to do. I have given a few away. One to a nurse where I work and one to one of my 80 y/o patients that used to do woodworking as well. This past weekend was my first try at turning acrylic. It turned out better then I thought. ( Pun intended) The white ones are antler. That was kind of challenging. I will try to attach a pic.

Attachments

• DSCN9938.jpg
    DSCN9938.jpg
    395.3 KB · Views: 269
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plano_harry

Welcome to IAP! Looks like you have the technique down pretty well. If you ever want help from the group, take close-ups to post with your question. If you know what the problem is, the search function will get you lots of immediate answers.

WriteON

Congrats. Give a pen away and you have just become someone's best friend. Turning is fun.....endless/timeless fun. Your work is looking good.

stonepecker

Nice bunch of pens. Great shapes and they look well paired with the kits you used.

Now, what are you going to do to expand your talents?
Keep posting your work. We all need to be inspired.

ChristyW

Wow, those are nice. I'm just starting out as well and can only hope that my projects look that good.

Fay Prozora

Great pens Susan. My pen stuff will be here soon and I will then make some more pens myself. I hope none of them break.. Grrr... Those are really great pens! Fay

solobiker

Thanks for all of the nice comments. I just go in from the shop after turning my second acrylic pen. That is a pretty fun material to turn. I will post a pic later. Gosh, why is this so addicting and how many pens does one really need? :)

Top Bottom