New "woodpens" from france

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

kruger

2006101131636_DSCN4286.jpg

bodies in bay-tree with insertion out of brass the rings are burned.

2006101132122_DSCN4314.jpg

body into amaranth

200610113238_DSCN4316.jpg

2006101132749_DSCN4317.jpg

body in overheated service-tree and cap in plum tree.

What do you think about

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

They are all quite interesting. But, you need to post these in "Show Off Your Pens." This is where we talk about pen turning.

Randy_

2006102175727_DSCN4333.jpg
<br />

I'm thinking this pen would look better if both the body and the cap were made out of the same wood. I suppose there could be combinations of different woods that would look well together; but this particular combination misses the mark, IMO.

I'm wondering how the cap and body go together? Is it just a friction fit? Perhaps you have not had the pen long enough to know the answer to this question; but I am also wondering if humidity changes affect the fit of the cap. Is it loose in dry conditions and tight when it rains. Do you have any concerns about the wood cracking? Is the cap lined with a brass tube by any chance?

Regardless, the design is very imaginitive. thanks for posting.

kruger

Originally posted by Randy_
<br />
2006102175727_DSCN4333.jpg
<br />

I'm thinking this pen would look better if both the body and the cap were made out of the same wood. I suppose there could be combinations of different woods that would look well together; but this particular combination misses the mark, IMO.
Hello,

I'm wondering how the cap and body go together? Is it just a friction fit? Perhaps you have not had the pen long enough to know the answer to this question; but I am also wondering if humidity changes affect the fit of the cap. Is it loose in dry conditions and tight when it rains. Do you have any concerns about the wood cracking? Is the cap lined with a brass tube by any chance?

Regardless, the design is very imaginitive. thanks for posting.
This pen is a request of a customer who buys two with reversed colors[:eek:)]
the assembly is only a large friction fit with very dry wood[:I][:I]
I manufactured it this last week end. but i have same pens who are very older.that moves little with a good finition ( varnish!!)
I have no problems with craking, when that splits, it is has manufacture and that goes to fire.t not a brass tube in the cap because that wounds the body of the pen.
currently I make a pen bic with the red body in triangle and a white square cap
I will post a photograph when it is successful

Thanks from a rainy "franche comté"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom