Needing a good guy pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

farmlender01

I am fairly new to pen turning, and have really enjoyed making several different styles over the last year or so. I am having trouble finding the perfect "guy" pen. That, by my definition is something between a cigar pen, and a slimline. Seems a number of my customers think the cigar is too big, the slimline, too little. If I could meld the two together, that would be great! any suggesions?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tim'sTurnings

I just bought some Trimline component kits. They are a beefed up slimline without the tiny center band. I have heard good things about them. I need to wait until the weather warms up before I can do some turning here. They might be worth a look see.
Tim.

Lenny

I agree with Stan, have a look at the Perfect Fit.... It's a very nice pen plus it has the advantage of being easily converted to a Mechanical pencil ... although any Parker style pen can be converted to a pencil with the Schmidt pencil mechanism, the PF does so without any modifications neccessary.

plantman

My new favorite pen is the PSI Vertex Supreme Magnetic Rollerball with the glass fiber blanks from Craft Supples USA. The blanks come with tubes already installed. No drilling, no casting, no cutting and no glueing. Just turn and polish. Jim S

Attachments

• DSCF0003 (640x213).jpg
    DSCF0003 (640x213).jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 162
  • DSCF0001 (640x298).jpg
    DSCF0001 (640x298).jpg
    222 KB · Views: 145
  • DSCF0002 (640x481) (2).jpg
    DSCF0002 (640x481) (2).jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 119

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I am fairly new to pen turning, and have really enjoyed making several different styles over the last year or so. I am having trouble finding the perfect "guy" pen. That, by my definition is something between a cigar pen, and a slimline. Seems a number of my customers think the cigar is too big, the slimline, too little.
If I could meld the two together, that would be great! any suggesions?
The Perfect Fit fits your criteria perfectly! (as those other guys before me have already said!)

Bear Tooth Woods - Perfect Fit Convetible Pen/Pencil Kits

Last edited:

Katya

+1 bolt action, long click

I agree with the other guys as well, but would also add:
Zen

It's a long barrel with a magnetic cap that posts as well. Very sleek and modern, shows off a nice blank too.

Btw, a black carbon fibre blank looks fantastic! Comes with tube already installed. Check out Captain G at Exotic Blanks, or Craft USA

Boz

I like the Vertex click. The hex head and tip look like a bolt so that is "manly". The pencil has a nice thick lead that does not break the way the slimline pencils do. If you are looking for a postable pen the Rhinehart is a good choice.

nava1uni

You might try a Streamline, or St. Charles. They use 7mm tubes, but the center band is larger then a slim line, but not as big as a cigar. I make this style a lot and it is a favorite of many people. I also use slim lines, but make my own center bands and this way you can make any thickness of pen. Slim lines allow you to custom make any size thickness that you want.

Tom T

Euro for sure. No cap to lose. Clips right in the shirt pocket. Comes in blue or black ink. Wood or acrylic. Very handsome pen.

Top Bottom