Needed: El-Grande part

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firefyter-emt

Guys, does anyone have the thread coupler for an El-Grande?? I am looking for a Platinum kit, but chrome might match too. (may even be able to remove the plastic from a gold kit) I have a kit from AZ that part of the threads fell off when I went to thread in the nib holder into it. (and yes, I use a press block to protect the threads) I hate to toss a $12.00 pen kit pretty much in the trash...

BTW, I just was able to tap the broken thread out of the metal housing (although I dobut I could press them back togather with out breaking a new one) However, I did just try it on my Churchill and it's the same coupler..

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Firefyter-emt

Phil, It should be.. Do you happen to have a Churchill to compare it with?? If a churchill cap will thread on and the nib will thread into it, then it will work.

Looking it up, the bushings are the same and the drill bits as well between the 2 kits. Does it happen to be a silver coupler too?? Either way it sounds great! I have the cap already put togather and everything. It's an acrylic blank too! I just hate buying kits like this to replace damaged parts..

BTW, do you have an idea of what day you might be in this area so we can hook up with your bike?? I have a heavy work load this week because one or out appraisers is on vac. so I need to free up some time that day. Give me a call on my cell phone if you like.

Firefyter-emt

Great, let me know. Even if it's a gold coupler it would work. I can easily remove the threads with the transfer punch set and from there if I had to I could hand file the metal portion down a hair untill I can easily press & CA the thread coupler back in, but a chrome or Platinum would be best.

Firefyter-emt

Yea, I figured "Worst case" I would too have some spare parts, really when you stop and think about it, a new nib is $8.00 and a kit is around $10.00 plus a cheap converter. Ass in some spare parts and it's not a bad deal if you happen to need just a replacement nib!

LEAP

I went through the parts bin a while back and found enough to make a European it was like winning the lottery. Now if I took out my punches and recycled a few of the pens that I'm not happy with... Looks like I need to order some spare tubes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom