Need you opinion

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dale Allen

How would this look?
I have not yet contoured the ends so I Photoshoped this to simulate the curved ends. I'm not sure if I would like it. The ends would be rounded and closed end. Like the cigars I make but not a simulated cut for smoking. A band wouldn't look right either. I plan to either make another simulated cigar or make it closed like this image.
Opinions all welcome.

Attachments

• CL2.jpg
    CL2.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 166
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
What about making some of these that don't look like actual cigars look like other things like baseball bats or billy clubs? This is a very pretty piece of wood and it seems like this format would be great to show it off.

ldubia

myself, I don't care for it. It seems unfinished and bulky. If it had a taper to it, it might look better. But that is just my humble opinion, worth its weight in rust.

Dale Allen

Thanks all for the input. I agree that it would look unfinished and besides, when closed it would look like a stick of burl wood.
I may go ahead and make it a cigar. I got some new fancy bands recently and one of them may look good on this.

OOPS

Just my two cents here. But when I have seen kitless pens such as yours without any hardware, they tend to look a little bland and lifeless. A clip helps, but I would suggest either a center band or at least one piece of hardware to break up the look of the wood. Other people have made a contrasting piece above the clip as an accent piece.

Top Bottom