Need Thread Size

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

paps

I have a Wall St II click pen that came with the lower (nib) portion unthreaded. Does anybody know what thread size this is? I'm in the market for a tap and die set, but would like to make sure the set I get has this one in it. Thanks for any help!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

workinforwood

I am not familiar with the kit. If a cigar nib will screw on to the end, then M8x.75 is your answer. That is one of the more common kit threads, even though there is a lot of different possibilities.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Are you saying that the kit you have isn't threaded where it's supossed to be??? Send it back.
Even if you get the correct tap and die ( unlikely from a standard set:wink: )
then you would probably wreck the plating trying to just hold the part.

workinforwood

Anything is possible, and certainly I would send the kit back as like Steve says, but I can't help wonder, is the part in question supposed to be threaded to begin with? Being that I don't know the kit and see no pictures, I just have to wonder and ask. Could the real problem be just a mix up with assembly instructions?

paps

Here's a picture that will show what I've got. I bought 8 of these kits from another member and only 1 kit has this problem. I'm sure he didn't have any idea that this even existed when he sold them to me. Would just like to cut the needed threads to make the kit usable. Thanks for the replies!

Attachments

• DSCF0001.JPG
    DSCF0001.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 96

workinforwood

The twist pen version does not have threads. Maybe you got one kit in the batch that is a twist pen. I don't know, but good luck. Worse thing that can happen, you just build a whole new nib section out of something cooler than the original.

Top Bottom