Need suggestions on a pen type

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bobalu

I have a lady asking me to make a pen for her daughter's college graduation. After seeing several of my pens, she choose the PSI Capri RB as the size and feel she wanted, but wanted it in Chrome or even better, Platinum. The Capri only comes in 24kt gold. It also has to be a screwcap, but that's pretty much the norm with RB's.

Can anyone suggest a RB pen that would fit the bill? I'm sort of leaning toward PSI Classic based on similar appearance. I haven't built that pen, so I don't know if it is a lot heavier and longer than the Capri. An alternate I've also looked at is the Berea Series 2000 Flat Top American, which I believe is the same pen as the PSI Classic, but is available in Platinum.

ldb2000

Unfortunately the pens you mentioned aren't the highest quality . I would suggest the Baron , it comes in all the higher quality platings and is a much better quality pen .

Don Wade

I dont know what it is about the flat top classic pens but I seem to have a hard times getting to consistently work smoothly. I would go with the baron also

sbell111

I have a lady asking me to make a pen for her daughter's college graduation. After seeing several of my pens, she choose the PSI Capri RB as the size and feel she wanted, but wanted it in Chrome or even better, Platinum. The Capri only comes in 24kt gold. It also has to be a screwcap, but that's pretty much the norm with RB's.

Can anyone suggest a RB pen that would fit the bill? I'm sort of leaning toward PSI Classic based on similar appearance. I haven't built that pen, so I don't know if it is a lot heavier and longer than the Capri. An alternate I've also looked at is the Berea Series 2000 Flat Top American, which I believe is the same pen as the PSI Classic, but is available in Platinum.
If I am not mistaken, the rollerball version of the Capri is pretty much the same size as the Classic. Therefore, she may like the Classic in chrome just as well.

Top Bottom