Need suggestions for historic wood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

southernclay

I've been trying to track down a special piece of wood and it arrived today but I need help with my options. It is a wooden dagger handle from a historic site. The dagger itself isn't historic but the place it came from is and is very special to a family member that I'm wanting to make a pen out of it for. (Sorry for the vagueness) Anyway, it is a small size, about 2.5" long and 3/4" x 9/16" on the bottom and 3/8" x 5/8" on the top and is hollow.

My initial idea is that it will need to be splintered and cast into blanks but don't know how that will look. Zero experience with casting so will be having someone else do that but looking for suggestions on what the options are with a piece of wood like this. I'm not concerned about the handle not being a handle anymore but do want to feature the wood somehow if possible.

Thanks for the suggestions and time, if you need any additional info let me know

Attachments

• dag.JPG
    dag.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 133
  • dag1.JPG
    dag1.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 145
  • dag2.JPG
    dag2.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 122
  • dag3.JPG
    dag3.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 143

Tom T

It reminds me of something Curtis cactus juice man, AKA masque man can make you exactly what you want even though you do not know exactly what it is. Give him a call or PM
He is on the site often he may respond so you can get his correct information.

ironman123

Chris (Justturnin) could probably tell you what he can do with it. I have seen some pretty rough stuff that I would chunk that he casted into a beautiful blank. drop him a PM.

Ray

Top Bottom