Need suggestions

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Btimson

I have been asked to make 40 pens for my mens church group, I cant decide whether I should use the sierra, or the polaris pen kit , I am also trying to figure out what type of wood I should use. We are also wanting them laser engraved any suggestions would be appreciated. I also need a good inexpensive company for the engraving. Since it is for the church group I am trying to keep the cost to a minimum. Thanks in advance for any information.:confused:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wheaties

Definitely the Sierra! You can get the "Fishers of Men" Sierras from woodenpenpro (i think that's who has them).

Bethlehem Olive wood may be kinda cool (but $3-$4 a blank, but 2 pens per blank with a Sierra)

Engaving: I have had Ken (Kallenshaan Woods) do some engraving for me. He did an awesome job at a reasonable price. I know their are others here on the site that do a great job engraving as well.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
And, if you want to save money, contact me and we will work out a deal on "Diplomats" for your need. PM me or send through "exotics" (see sig line), "turning@exoticblanks.com" comes directly to me.

Rick_G

I would go with the Fishers of men pen and possibly Acacya seyal - Shittim wood. (same type of wood the Arc of the Covenant was made from)I got some nice stuff from Monty at Wooden Wonders. A little more expensive than BOW but I like it better. Go with the two tone chrome/black titanium finish much nicer.

Last edited:

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I would go with the Fishers of men pen and possibly Acacya seyal - Shittim wood. (same type of wood the Arc of the Covenant was made from)I got some nice stuff from Monty at Wooden Wonders. A little more expensive than BOW but I like it better. Go with the two tone chrome/black titanium finish much nicer.
I got to go with Rick here. A mens church group, what more could be asked for. Don't get caught up in the cost here, within reason, of course!

Top Bottom