Need a specialized blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mastershink

I am new to this site so if I am posting this in the wrong place sorry. I have a customer who has requested a bolt action pen withan Iraq Service ribbon for the barrel. The only ones I have been able to find are in.ays for the Manhattan pen. I would prefer one in acrylic or a like material. I have never turned an inlay but if I have to I will give it a try. Anyone out there with any ideas.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Hi Randy, and Welcome to IAP!!!

Possibly a segmented blank with the colors of the Iraq Service Ribbon??? If you are new to penturning, a straight cut, with simply glue-up may be best.

Wood, corian, acrylic, etc... It should do the trick.

Have FUN!

Woodkiller

Are you looking for something like this?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 232
Haven't done the Iraq service ribbon but have done some Viet Nam ribbon pens. Solid color blanks can be cut in sections then glued together to form the ribbon. Only issue with an Iraq ribbon pen is I haven't been able to find solid color tan blank. The other colors are available several places (Penn State for example).

Edit: Oops - looks like Woodkiller got in just before me! Where'd you get the tan?

Last edited:

Pjohnson

Afghan

I segmented this for a friend.
He has asked for one with both Iraq and afghan .... It is in the planning stages

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 219
Top Bottom