Need source for platinum pencil

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
I have a someone that saw a platinum/rhodiun Designer pen from PSI I made and wants a matching pencil. So far, I've had no luck in locating a source for one. Anyone have a source for a Designer/European style pen/pencil set in platinum/rhodium?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
IF you cannot locate a platinum plencil but have a design in mind,check with Jewelers who do repair work.
You may be able to have the components plated.
I have had shell casings plated and was offered the option of Platinum, Rhodium or gold.
The cost wouldn't be so exhorbitant that you could not pass it on the the customer.

JimGo

Eagle, do you mind sharing how much that cost? I have some ideas in mind that would require plating, but was afraid of how much that might cost. The cost of plating one of your shell casings would be a good barometer.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
I have a retired Jeweler friend that plated my casings for "trade"
WhenI inquired as to the $ amount, he said it should go for about $5.00.
He doesn't do plating often,it was a rare occurance that he had to set the equipment up and remembered I had asked him about plating some stuff for me.
Regardless the cost I quoted I would check around, even if it were doubled or tripled that would make the item more valuable to the customer,after all they requested it.( and are paying for it)
I had enough plated to speculate,it would be tougher if it were a "custom" request.

JimGo

Eagle,
Thanks for the info. I was just wondering whether we're talking $5-20, or more like $50-100. The $5-20 range is tolerable for important jobs.

Thanks again!

rtgleck

Wow... Interesting to know Eagle. I've thought of maybe Powder Coating (I want a green tipped but silver kit) Might have to look around and see what I have locally that could do that.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
I've checked into powder coating also.
There's a guy that will do 12 casings for $20.00.
I really would like to do my own( and eventually will) but $20.00 for a trial balloon isn't bad from what I have read here.

Daniel

As for the Pen and Pencil set.
thisis from my pen list
BEREA
Platinum European Double Twist Pen $8.00 O 3B B
Platinum European Double Twist Pencil $10.00 O 3B B
Translation
Berea has them by the above names, you will need an O drill bit, 3B Bushings, and the B Mandrel. price will be $18.00 not including tools or shipping.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Originally posted by Daniel
<br />As for the Pen and Pencil set.
thisis from my pen list
BEREA
Platinum European Double Twist Pen $8.00 O 3B B
Platinum European Double Twist Pencil $10.00 O 3B B
Translation
Berea has them by the above names, you will need an O drill bit, 3B Bushings, and the B Mandrel. price will be $18.00 not including tools or shipping.
Thanks Daniel. I overlooked the pencil when I looked over your list. Great list by the way, thanks for taking the time and putting it together. I already have everything except the bushings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom