Need some suggestions for Rollerball kit with metal threads.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jerry944t

I've been making a bunch of Elite 2 rollerball kits. They sell very well but I've had a couple of returns since the plastic threads on the postable part have stripped.

I like medium priced $10 to $15 rollerball kits with postable tops. I've yet to find a kit without plastic threads so I'm open to suggestions.

The one I did find is the Magnetic Vertex. Before I commit are there any comments on that particular kit or any other kits that fill the bill?

Many thanks in advance.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
It's not in the price area you mentioned, but the Hancock (Woodcraft) is an excellent kit. All stainless and 100% US made. Also available from Lazerlines (as the Liberty, I believe). Available as a rollerball or as a fountain pen.

kingkeyman

The magnetic vertex is a strikingly beautiful masculine kit, but the finished product is a bit heavy and cumbersome to write with. The same holds true with the graduate. If you don't post the cap while writing, the weight and balance is not that bad. All in all they are strong and durable kits.

ClutchCargo

I agree with kingkeyman's comments. I have turned a few Magnetic Vertex pens, and I think that kit is well made, albeit heavy for some. The "technical" look with the multi-sided, squared off hardware may not appeal to everyone, however. I have also turned a closed-end cigar pen using the Magnetic Graduate kit. It uses more traditional looking hardware and I think appeals to a wider audience. Both kits are well made and among my very favorites.

Jerry944t

Thanks!

thank you all for the responses. I ordered some magnetic Graduates since it shows more of the blanks.

I think the wood makes the pen. I appreciate the help!

Jerry

Top Bottom