Need some quick help/advice

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
You may remember the Jt Gent II mesquite turquoise inlay pen I posted a few days ago. Well, I just noticed a flaw. There is a gap between the upper barrel and the CB. Looks like I didn't get a good fit between them, as there is a gap of about 1mm that I didn't get the excess CA removed after I finished it. What is the best way to remove/knockout the CB coupling without damaging the plastic guide insert?
Got to do something this weekend as LOML just showed it at work and sold it.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

Mannie, I've used the transfer punches (HF set w/20 or more punches) to drive out the CB coupling in Barons, Jr. Gents and even Gents and it didn't do any damage (significant, anyway).

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Billy, That's what I planned on doing. Just afraid it would damage the insert. Glad to hear it didn't do any significant damage when you did it.

JimGo

Mannie,
The only thing to be careful about is knocking the metallic "cabicon" off the top of the Jr. Gent. You might consider creating a bevel in the bottom of, or drilling a small hole in, the transfer punch.

alamocdc

Mannie, Jim is right. I forgot about that. Yep, it happened with the first one I disassembled. Thankfully, I was able to press it back in. It is one of my daily carriers and is still secure.

mrcook4570

I use the transfer punch backwards - Flat end in the tube and hammer the point. Spreads the force over a larger area and keeps the cabachon from flying out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom