need some info help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

I don't use a wide variety of acrylic blanks. I stick to the ones I like and have had success using and selling. But the material used to make some of the camo blanks (from PSI and maybe others) has a tendency to heat and deform when drilling. Ceboplast(if I recall correctly) comes to mind along with the dalmation or cow blanks rods once sold by CSUSA. The serpentine schaeffer blanks I purchased also do this. Can some of you share the specific names of the material that exhibits this quality. I need as specific material names as I can get and not just the color or pattern name.
Thanks for any help that can be supplied.
Do a good turn daily!
Don'

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Don, I know the Cebloplast is Cellulose Acetate, Cebloplast is just the name given by is manufacturer.

dow

You can drill it pretty quick (1/4 - 1/2" at a time) on the lathe. I use the slowest speed my Rikon has (430 rpm) and lubricate with wd-40. use a center bit to start the hole, and flush the hole with wd-40 between drill passes. Hope this helps.

dow

its_virgil

I'm not having trouble drilling or turning any of these acrylics. I need to know the names of the ones that drill like ceboplast does? Which ones get soft and deformed when drilled? I would like to have the material name and not the vendor's color or pattern name. For example, ceboplast is cellulose acetate. What are some others?
Thanks,
Don

You can drill it pretty quick (1/4 - 1/2" at a time) on the lathe. I use the slowest speed my Rikon has (430 rpm) and lubricate with wd-40. use a center bit to start the hole, and flush the hole with wd-40 between drill passes. Hope this helps.

dow

dow

Doesn't this interfere later with the gluing of the tubes? Or, how do you remove the oily residue from the hole?

Top Bottom