need some ideas for a gift for a lawyer!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

truckerdave

I want to give a lawyer a pen as a gift.

Any suggestions on wood choices?

The attorney favors thick, robust pens. (At least the ones he always carries.) So I was leaning towards a Cigar pen kit or perhaps???

His office is very traditional, dark wood cabinets and furniture.

Thanks in advance.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dave Turner

This is the pen I made for a relative who is a partner in a law firm. He loves it. It's a modded Jr Statesman in madrone burl with buckeye burl for the "ash" and a little creative woodburning. I used 50+ coats of CA so you can't feel the cigar band.

The second pen is in walnut burl. This didn't go to a lawyer, but may be a better match for your lawyer.

Attachments

• Cigar pen 800.jpg
    Cigar pen 800.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 218
  • Walnut cigar 800.jpg
    Walnut cigar 800.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:

broitblat

Well, Mahogony is traditional for a study/office.

I've done lawyer pens (not Mahogony) with laser inlay with scales of justice...

-Barry

IPD_Mr

Is there an inlay with an ambulance with a guy in a suit chasing it? :eek:

I have to edit this. Not all lawyers are bad. It is the ones that we see most often that give a bad name to a profession that take a decent education.

Last edited:

Jgrden

How about a pen that looks like a big screw?

Sorry, that was the first thing that came to mind. I would suspect that an exotic wood, such as Ebony with silver inlay would be nice.

PenMan1

I do quite a few pens for lawyers.

I was in my lawyer's office, once, complaining about my bill. The barrister told me that " I don't even pick up my pen for $100". As I was leaving, I purposefully let the change in my pocket drop to the floor. When I left his office, then immediately returned, he was on his hands and knees, scooping up the loose coins.

I'm sure I made some comment about not working for $100, but getting on his knees for 78 cents- couldn't help myself.

From that day forward, my "lawyer" pens were scraps of $100 bills cast in resin. They have been wildly successful. The thought being that picking up the pen represents making money.

This post is as respectfully submitted as it can be when speaking of lawyers and money in the same post:) No offense intended to attorneys, as they have been very helpful in both business and personal settings.

Last edited:

okiebugg

Huuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmm

Knowing Lawyers the way I do, it's time to make him a bullet cartridge pen. It would raise his self esteem, and he could point it at anyone who made him mad

Top Bottom