Need some help converting rollerballs

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

brownsfn2

I have a customer that wants me to convert the rollerball pens in this picture to fountain pens. Can someone help me Identify the rollerball pens in this picture? Also do you know if anyone sells just the section, feed, and nib for these to make it less pricey for him? Thanks for any help!

(I thought they were cambridge at first but the front section looks different.)

pens.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

The pic isn't the greatest to go from but from left to right here's what I think they are:

Spring blossom (already a FP)
Majestic (already a FP)
Lotus
Lotus
Lotus
Jr. Gent II
Lotus
Emperor (hard to see if it's a Jr. size or not) (that front section looks either homemade or from something else)

I wouldn't know of anyone who only has the section to a lotus.

Last edited:

brownsfn2

I should have said I knew what the Jr Gent II was. :)

Totally forgot about the Lotus. I might be screwed on that one.

So does anyone know of someone who sells the FP sections for the Lotus and/Or Jr Gent II separately?

Ed McDonnell

You might not have to buy the same kit to get a fountain section / nib. The more flexible you are on plating, the more choices you will have. For example, the section from an Atrax should fit the Jr Gent II. Don't know about the lotus. You would have to check the threads. See if the Jr Gent 2 roller nosecone will screw into the lotus (gently of course and don't force it).

Ed

brownsfn2

I wish I had the Lotus in hand to try it. I just got the picture. If anyone can try for me I would greatly appreciate it. I would still need to find someone that just sells the front section.

PenMan1

The Lotus. Imperial and the Emperor all use the same fountain front section. IF memory serves me correctly, the Majestic is also the same threads.

I have Lotus, Imperials, Emperors and Majestics. I'll try to compare the Majestic and Lotus fountains tomorrow or Tuesday. I DO see to recall that the Majestic is the same length and thread pitch but the inner threads are black instead of Rhodium.

At one time I had a PILE of Imperial and Lotus fountain sections. If I still have them I may be able to sell one or two.

PenMan1

And Jonathon is right EXCEPT the third from the left is an Imperial instead of a Lotus. The Lotus has double center band sine wave embellishments. The Imperial has single band bamboo leaf embellishments. Otherwise, Lotus and Imperial are nearly the same and the parts of these two "bolt up" one to the other.

Also,it difficult from the photo to see if #1 is Roman Harvest or Spring Blossom- but definitely a Myling product.

Last edited:

brownsfn2

Wow thanks for checking this Andy. I really appreciate it.

I did contact Dayacom as well but I am a little worried about ordering from them directly. If you have any of the Lotus sections with feed and nib just let me know how much and I will check with my customer to see if the price is ok.

Thanks for all the help!

Top Bottom