Need Some Help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

emtmike

I need to make kind of a special pen for a good friend who is graduating nursing school. I have turner a few blanks of different woods and the one I like the most is pink ivory for a baron kit. I know it would look nice with the sterling silver kit but it is to also be engraved and color filled. I am wondering if all that silver takes away from the class of it. The other kit I have is the gold. I was wondering if anybody is good with photoshop who could put one together for me? I don’t even know what information is needed to use photoshop but I thought I would give you all a try.

rherrell

Personally, I don't think gold goes with pink. I think SS is a great choice, maybe with white infill on the engraving.
Be careful with the pink ivory, it's been known to crack. Go slow and don't build up any heat and you SHOULD be fine.;)

M

monkeynutz

Still just a noob, but I think pens look best if the snazzy wood is paired with the understated hardware, and the gaudy hardware is paired with the more sedate woods. Pink ivory wants to be the center of attention, so SS or platinum fittings would probably look the best. Gold with the earthtones, and silver with the pastels.

Top Bottom