Need some help!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dave_Junior

I have been selling some pens lately, mostly to friends and family.I first started giving them in small ziploc bags ( that the pen kits came in ) and wrote what type of wood it was on the front. Next I bought some of those small velvet bags and put the pen in the ziploc in the velvet bag. I do not like the idea of the ziploc at all. How do you guys remember what wood is what. I don't keep many pens in stock as I am still a beginner but when I do I know it will be hard to remember what is what. Any tips are appreciated! Thanks,

Dave

studioseven

Dave,
I keep a log where I enter the type of pen it is, what type of material the blank is, cost of pen kit and blank, date made, date sold and for how much. Each pen has a number. I used to put the pen number on a small jewlers tag and attach that to the pen clip. However how careful I was, some of the tags would fall off. Thanks to a tip from another member, I now use clear straws cut in 1" lengths. Using a label maker and clear labels , I place the pen number and price on the label and slide the label on the pen clip. That has been working very well for me.

Seven

Curly

You could get some sheets of Avery business cards (or equivalent) and put your name and contact info on one side and when you make a pen write the name of the wood on the back. Keep them with the pen and give it to the happy new owner when the time comes. If and when you get to be big time :) you can get batches printed at Vista Print for less money. Handy to have some cards handy if you meet potential customers.

jttheclockman

A couple things. First you basically are counting on the customer to keep your card and or keep the information you gave them. Rarely does that happen. You can try to keep a record of customer and record what they bought. Get busy and that goes away. Make some sort of identification on the pen and keep a record that way. I just guess if a return customer comes back for a duplicate. I pretty know what woods I use and acrylics can vary batch to batch so I do not worry about that either. Good luck.

Top Bottom