Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

burgerman

Hello,

My customer was changing out the refill on his Churchill rollerball
pen and he lost the small spring that goes in on the opposite side
of the writing end.

I was hoping I would have a spare amongst my pen stuff, but could not
find one.

Does anyone know of a supplier for these? Even if it is not sold specifically for a pen, if it is one of the right diameter and length I would think it would work.
It would be nice to find a source so I could keep a few spares on hand.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LeeR

Try Ace Hardware. I know each franchsie varies a little, but the two in my area have an phenominal selection of all kinds of hardware, and I would not be surprised to hear that they carry little springs.

zig613

Try e-bay. I bought some from a seller named "yourhomethings" from Hong Kong a couple of months ago. A bag of 50 springs for about $4 including shipping. They fit the JR Gents and can be modified (cut a shorter) to fit the Churchill. Also, I think Ernie over at BearToothWoods sells springs also.

Edit -- Ernie has what you are looking for http://www.beartoothwoods.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=35_71&products_id=1632

Wade

Last edited:

burgerman

Thanks everyone for the great ideas and referrals. I did a google search originally but I obviously didn't look hard enough!

Thanks, Wade, Ernie at Beartooth has exactly what I need. And Jerald, it's good to know that Woodnwhimsies has the springs for the Parker refills too. I'm sure I will need some of those at some point.

Thanks again for all your responses!

MartinPens

If you just need one to give to this customer, PM me your address and I'll send one to you. I have a few extras I believe.

Martin

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

dexter0606

Frank
Glad you found a replacement.
I always glue my springs into the finial with a small drop of CA. Press it down with the cap end of the rollerball refill and let it "gas out" before I assemble the pen.

burgerman

Martin, Thanks very much for your generous offer, but I already placed an order with Ernie at Beartooth. They were cheap, so I bought 10 so I'll always have some on hand.

Lee, I did check at Lowe's (we don't have an Ace anywhere near us) and they had lots of misc. hardware stuff, but nothing that would work.

Jeff, Thanks for the tip about securing it with a small drop of CA. That's a great idea! I think I'll start doing that on the rollerball pens from now on.

Thanks again for all the responses!

Top Bottom