need sierra transmission

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bruce119

I would have to check but I think there the same as a cigar. And I am pretty sure you can get them.

But I never came across a bad Sierra trany. A few that were a little stiff just a quick wash with lacquer thinner and blow it out with air fixed it rite up.

Were did the kits come from.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
I've had a few Sierra transmissions that were bad...I almost swore off the kit for a while, as it seemed that only the ones I sold were bad...and they were fine when they left the shop!

Maybe it's just abuse that wrecks them, or maybe it's a design flaw...

ldb2000

I would try to get the vendor to replace them. Not the same as a cigar -- cigar pens have double twist transmissions.

I agree about the vendor replacing them and yes different then a cigar transmission but not all cigar transmissions are double twist . I use single twist cigar transmissions in my kitless work , I find them to be much more robust in design and operation then the double twist .

Kruger , what is the problem with the transmissions ?

bruce119

I would try to get the vendor to replace them. Not the same as a cigar -- cigar pens have double twist transmissions.

And as Butch said not all cigars are double twist :wink: Still haven't had time to check but I will this afternoon. But I think they are the same trany screwed into a different mounting hardware.

Edit....after inspection they are the same trany BUT different brass base "pressed" on and therefor not easily interchanged.

Don't know about a Sierra trany check with the manufacture. Berea is the main supplier of the Sierras.

Top Bottom