need part for bolt action pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rebel1

I need the small L shaped piece that screws into the top of the Gun Metal Bolt Action pen from Penn State. I have a gold one to swap or will buy from you. Penn State will only sell the whole top of the pen for $10.00 plus shipping. Thanks :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ironman123

Can you be more specific? Show a picture of the one you have. If you are talking about the "bolt" that moves in the slot, it does not screw in.

Ray

tazhunter0

Post a pic of the part you need. I have two Gun Metal that are being used for parts. I most likely have what you need but need more info and a pic of it to be sure. If it is what I think, you can have it.

Chris

lwalper

... or not actually the bolt, but the bolt lever which protrudes through the side of the pen to operate the bolt. It doesn't actually screw in, but is held in place by a screw inside the cap. You'll need a #0 phillips screwdriver to get that screw out.

Stephen

The bolt, it does screw in, loosen the set screw and unscrew the bolt.

Yes, it screws in and locked by a set screw accessible through the cap. The set screw jams against the threads of the bolt and is the weakest point. I have had 2 break. You have to get the full cap - the bolt is not sold as a replacement.
Timberbits has a Mk2 where the bolt is smaller and does not protrude as much as the PSI unit. It is not screwed but integral with the slider.

Sawdust1825

Yes, it screws in and locked by a set screw accessible through the cap. The set screw jams against the threads of the bolt and is the weakest point. I have had 2 break. You have to get the full cap - the bolt is not sold as a replacement.
Timberbits has a Mk2 where the bolt is smaller and does not protrude as much as the PSI unit. It is not screwed but integral with the slider.

Interesting because it looks identical to PSI on their website and PSI has a patent for their bolt action pen. I hope they obtained rights to sell their own.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

Interesting because it looks identical to PSI on their website and PSI has a patent for their bolt action pen. I hope they obtained rights to sell their own.
Timberbits won't sell it in the USA.

Top Bottom