Need Orange Crushed Velvet

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Moosewatcher

I sold a Cigar pen a couple of years ago made of orange crushed velvet which I think I got at PSI. The customer has lost the pen and would like me to duplicate it. Problem is I can't find orange crushed velvet this side of the Atlantic. It seems the Brits like it and are still currently selling it but it would be costly to ship it here. Does anyone know of someone here who still carries it? Does anyone have a piece and would sell it to me? Does anyone know if Barrera's orange acrylic might be crushed velvet by another name? They don't call it that, but it really looks similar. The guys a good customer and I would like to help him if I could.

Ken

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I have a piece that I would gladly send to you FOC, just pm me your address and I'll drop it in the post in the morning:wink:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Point of information!!

The original Crushed velvet came in bronze, red, yellow --- but I sure don't
remember orange. Now, there was an orange a couple years ago that was
called crushed velvet. You may want to post a pic before you ship, Skippy.
Just to make sure you are all on the same page.

Shipping will be several bucks, at best.

Moosewatcher

Eds right. There are so many crushed velvets out there it's tough to match up. Here is a pic of the pen and two blanks I bought trying to match. One is aquapearl and the other is crushed pearl. Grain is not quite the same in either. I presented this pic to customer and he didn't think it was a good match. I thought the crushed pearl was a pretty close match.

1_Orange_Big_Ben_11.jpg

pssherman

I still have a few pieces of crushed velvet that I got from PSI several years ago. Here is a picture of what I have. I show the red and green colors also to help see the patterns.
View attachment 13172
Let me know if this is what you are looking for.

Last edited:

Moosewatcher

Paul

That is exactly it. Will you sell it to me? Let me know what you want and I'll send you the money plus the postage.

ken

I still have a few pieces of crushed velvet that I got from PSI several years ago. Here is a picture of what I have. I show the red and green colors also to help see the patterns.
[Let me know if this is what you are looking for.[/quote]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
As I suspected, that is not the ORIGINAL crushed velvet.

But, as long as you are all on the same page-----GREAT!!!!

The orange you show is, I believe "Tangerine" "crushed pearl series". PSI shows it now as orange and their picture looks different. Hut show a tangerine (1002 prod #), but their picture has also changed since I last bought it.

My point is simply, LOTS of manufacturers have come out with products in this genre, but they do NOT all look the same --- Just to keep us on our toes!!

Just found another very close match --- AA34 from Berea - may be available from Beartooth, as well.

Last edited:

pssherman

If you like, we can do a trade. I will send you this piece (orange crushed velvet)and you send me something in return that you feel is equal in value. I will send you a PM with my address, sned me a PM with your address if you would like to go ahead with this trade.
Paul

That is exactly it. Will you sell it to me? Let me know what you want and I'll send you the money plus the postage.

ken

[Let me know if this is what you are looking for.
[/QUOTE]

Moosewatcher

Paul
Sent you a pm with my address and paypal'ed you some money. Don't have much to trade right now. Thanks for bailing me out.

Ed,
My search verified what you said. A lot of vendors used the term "crushed velvet" and they each had thier own formulations resulting in a lot of similar but not the same blanks. Pauls piece came from PSI at about the same time I got mine so they are likely from the same supplier.

I thought the crimson (red), blue, and green were excellent colors that made nice looking pens but they seem to be passe now, like me.

Ken

pssherman

Ken,
I got the payment and packed up the blank. I'll drop it off at the post office tommorow. You should get it by Saturday (give or take a day).

Glad I could help.

Paul
Sent you a pm with my address and paypal'ed you some money. Don't have much to trade right now. Thanks for bailing me out.

Ed,
My search verified what you said. A lot of vendors used the term "crushed velvet" and they each had thier own formulations resulting in a lot of similar but not the same blanks. Pauls piece came from PSI at about the same time I got mine so they are likely from the same supplier.

I thought the crimson (red), blue, and green were excellent colors that made nice looking pens but they seem to be passe now, like me.

Ken

Top Bottom