Need matching pen/pencil kit recomendation

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MikeL

Seems many folks want matching pen and pencil sets. I have seen many good looking pencil kits on the market and have bought several. Despite the good looks, many of them seem be very finicky in operation. Any experiences out there with great looking pencil kit that also operates flawlessly AND has a matching pen? Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I have found the same thing Mike the pencils tend to be very finicky and a real pain. I have thought about getting a pencil kit that would use the schmidt replacement mechanism but don't know anything about them? Good luck with your search.

Mordi

I just made a pen and pencil set with the Perfect Fit. It came out great and I am currently making a second set. Note - the pencil lead must be loaded one stick at a time, from the front of the pencil - a bit cumbersome :frown:

Also check out the Convertible Pen kit from Berea. That one is more user friendly :biggrin:

Mordi

MikeL

Thanks all. I am going to try the perfect fit.

I like the looks of the executive but that is a kit that gave me problems.

its_virgil

Isn't the Perfect Fit Convertible pen (made by Berea) the same as the Convertible pen kit from Berea? What am I missing? The perfect fit convertible can use either a parker refill or a schmidt pencil mechanism. To make a pen and pencil set a pencil mechanism must be purchased. Lead can be added from the top end where the eraser should be. The cap must be removed and the black "stinger" removed then drop in sticks of lead. I really like the perfect fit and only wish an eraser was possible. Dedicated pencil users really like erasers.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

I just made a pen and pencil set with the Perfect Fit. It came out great and I am currently making a second set. Note - the pencil lead must be loaded one stick at a time, from the front of the pencil - a bit cumbersome :frown:

Also check out the Convertible Pen kit from Berea. That one is more user friendly :biggrin:

Mordi

PeetyInMich

MikeL, I bought 4 of the Schmidt pencil mechanisms to play around with last Christmas. I retrofitted a vertex pen with one of them (had to shorten the plunger end of the mechanism a little)(the customer didnt want the giant lead the vertex pencil used).

RMayoIII

If you don't mind the big lead the cigar click pencils are nice. They work well, have a matching pen and the mechanism is pretty durable.

Dan Masshardt

I have a new twist on this topic as of this morning. I need ideas for a fountain pen and a pencil that will look like they go together (as much as possible). For a woman...

Top Bottom