Need to Make Slimline Pen... Trustone or Acrylic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RyanNJ

Some background. My cousin is getting married in 7 weeks and today she asked me to make a pen for the guest book, I have a Blue Lapis Jr Gent made up she really likes the color but says the Jr Gent is Too Big... and likes the slimline so i was wondering if I should use trustone on the Slim or if someone has a suggestion on a color that look like blue lapis in an acrylic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alphageek

Former Moderator
I would strongly encourage her to reconsider... For something like a wedding book, the schmidt rollerball in the jr gent would be so much better than any cross refill you can find.

Maybe a zen? If not, have her physically write with both pens. The jr gent w/o cap isn't as big as it looks.

Dawson

Wedding Pens

I have a similar request. My son is getting married in mid-September and today asked if I could provide 4 white pens for the wedding and reception. They would like 2 gel pens and 2 fountains pens, all white. Any suggestions.

Brooks803

Some background. My cousin is getting married in 7 weeks and today she asked me to make a pen for the guest book, I have a Blue Lapis Jr Gent made up she really likes the color but says the Jr Gent is Too Big... and likes the slimline so i was wondering if I should use trustone on the Slim or if someone has a suggestion on a color that look like blue lapis in an acrylic

I'd ask her to reconsider bc she's not exactly going to be writing with it. This will be for the guests to use and having a pen with some meat on it would fit more peoples hands. Also, I'd hate to pay that kinda money for a nice trustone only to turn 95% off! For my wedding I made a blank to match our wedding colors, would that be something to consider?

I am making her and the Groom Jr Gents as a gift is this good?

I think it'd be a great gift but if she said that a Jr. is too big for the guest book I don't know if it'd be the right size for her. Maybe a tycoon/baron size?

I have a similar request. My son is getting married in mid-September and today asked if I could provide 4 white pens for the wedding and reception. They would like 2 gel pens and 2 fountains pens, all white. Any suggestions.

the kit depends on your budget but go for 4 of the same kits, 2 rollerballs and 2 fountain and make them all with the same blank. Exotics sells a nice alternate ivory or even ask ed or dawn their opinion (I think they have a wedding white blank or used to:confused:)

Dawson

I'd ask her to reconsider bc she's not exactly going to be writing with it. This will be for the guests to use and having a pen with some meat on it would fit more peoples hands. Also, I'd hate to pay that kinda money for a nice trustone only to turn 95% off! For my wedding I made a blank to match our wedding colors, would that be something to consider?

I think it'd be a great gift but if she said that a Jr. is too big for the guest book I don't know if it'd be the right size for her. Maybe a tycoon/baron size?

the kit depends on your budget but go for 4 of the same kits, 2 rollerballs and 2 fountain and make them all with the same blank. Exotics sells a nice alternate ivory or even ask ed or dawn their opinion (I think they have a wedding white blank or used to:confused:)
Thanks for the advise.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Yes, we do have a wedding white that should be back in stock by the 15th of this month (he says hopefully!!)

IMO, the Jr. Gent and the Baron are so close, size-wise that if they don't like one, probably won't like the other, either.

you could use the standard CSUSA Artisan fountain (050-4408), it is quite a bit slimmer. I sold many of them before there were options like the Jr series. Although the plating is 10kt, never got one back or saw one that had worn off. (No it is not available on Exotics, for all the folks who think I only mention my own products!!)

Tigold is definitely better, but it's not the first lady I have seen who did not like the "bigger" pen. Might as well make something she will use!!

BTW, if she doesn't like BIG, be careful of trustone--it's HEAVY. Many equate the two. So, when you make her pen, if its HEAVY, she will not use it.

FWIW
WEPYPFI!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom