Need to make an Everyday Pen for Myself now that School is approching

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RyanNJ

I am getting to the point that i should think what i want my everyday pen for school to be for this up coming school year. Does anyone have any suggestions

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

aggromere

I have made all kinds of pens and sometime use different ones I have around. The pen I always carry is a cheap cigar pen kit made from purple heart and maple. Since it is one of the very first pens I made it has sentimental value to me. If I'm trying to show off pens I usually roll a few up and carry them with me.

I would pick what your favor pen kit is now and your favorite material and do your best.

SDB777

You might as well make something special...and that will promote sales amongst the other too!?!?!

Scott (never miss out on a sale) B

workinforwood

I would make myself a nice pen but not an expensive pen...just in case it goes missing. I am very partial to the fit and feel and cost of the euro pens. No matter what, your pen will become a conversation piece which can promote sales. This is another reason I think a small pen is the way to go. A large pen can be intimidating to some. A small pen intimidates nobody, and of course should someone say they wish it was a bit larger, or can you do this or that, then the answer is yes.

All my opinion only of course. This is the type of question loaded with 5000 different theories and opinions.

Dudley Young

I don't go to school but have carried a pen ever sense I learned how to write. (just about) Before I started making them I carried the one's I stole for the Dr. office. LOL Carry a nice comfortable one and promote your sales.

Jon-wx5nco

I have a few "everyday" pen's. It just depends on my mood as to which one I carry. I have a corn cob cigar, a PC board cigar, a briar pipe sierra, and a deer antler El Grande RB.

PTownSubbie

I am getting to the point that i should think what i want my everyday pen for school to be for this up coming school year. Does anyone have any suggestions

I agree with what most said here. Make yourself a special pen but not too expensive. A Jr Gent is what I carry each day. It has on it one of my first worthless wood castings though. Nice but not overly expensive and if someone takes it, I will know it...

A cigar pen will also look nice to your fellow student friends and again, not very expensive.

Whatever you do, make it something that you are happy to show off!

austing458

im having the same problem choosing my pen too...

i usually just carry around a slimline (or two..just in case) but an idea is to make something that will stand out enough to get people asking about it ,again to promote sales, and you could go with a matching slimline pencil for math class and such. but beware that the one you use all the time will get beaten up and could get lost or stolen so be careful what you choose...and for the love of pens if you do go with a slimline get it without the striped clip because those wear off way too quickly an then it looks like crap!!

seamus7227

I'm constantly needing signatures in my line of work and I used to change my pens up at least once or twice a week. But then I started noticing that all of them were getting scratched up and so I went back to my original click from PSI "30 cal click replica". I will say that since I stopped switching my pens up, that my sales seem to have gone down. Almost like the customers thought maybe I stopped making pens. I dont know, but it is strange. Its fine with me, it has allowed me to concentrate more on the contests going on and I am able to focus more on new designs!

Grizz

Banned
Carry two pens with you. You never know if someone admires that pen you are using and might like to buy it. :wink:

jskeen

I carry a fountain pen with me anytime I can. I've found that nothing starts a conversation better. and once you get the conversation started, you are half way there. Not to mention that if you actually write with one for any time, a fountain pen is easier on the hand than anything else. I like the flat top american or classic american styles if you prefer a slimmer style, or a jr gent if you don't mind the extra girth.

dhammis

I carry a Sierra with me now wherever I go. It's a simple one but a conversation starter too. It's curly maple that I dyed red and finished with CA. At work I have an acrylic Euro at my desk that I use and I keep a slimline pencil in my pool cue case for taking score during league matches. I had a Dymondwood pencil for taking score but someone walked off with it one night. Now I'm using my first corian for that.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Carry Pen

If I have a shirt pocket I carry a cocobolo Sierra with an upgraded refill. If I don't have a shirt pocket I carry a Rhodium Comfort style also with an upgraded refil made from curly maple burl.

sbwertz

I carry a striking slimline. Then if someone admires it, I give it to them. For a long time I didn't sell any of my pens, but everyone I gave one to kept asking if I would make them more. So now I will give away the first one, but if they want more I charge them for it. Prices depend on the kit and the wood. I gave my "purse pen" (an ambrosia maple slimline) to my pharmacist and the next time I went in he bought 8 more for Christmas presents!
Sharon

Jgrden

I have a bad habit of carrying one of my "rejects". It is a slimline .30-06 with the side ground out and my name in resin on the tube. The top is a black and gold flame acrylic that I poured. The nib had its original coat of what-ever worn off. The bullet has has the tarnish removed about five times and I finally coated it with shellac. I just like the thing. Can't seem to talk myself into carrying one of the finer pens. Help, what do I do??

Top Bottom