Need a little Help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

heritagebob

The other day I was looking on the PSI web site & ran across a tool that they say is used to transfer letters/words onto wood pen blanks,, as I was reading about this tool I lost my internet connectiion and now can no longer find this tool,, cant get PSI customer service to reply back to any e-mails,, this tool also showed the blank resting in some sort of cradel,, anyone know anything about this tool of know the PSI item number or name of the tool?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

The only thing I know PSI has is an imprinting transfer wand #EGTOOL.It is used with a photocopy or laser print , and requires the use of toner, not ink. Jim S

Last edited:

Rick_G

I've done this using a soldering iron. Works ok but!!! You need a laser printer or photocopier, Ink jet print will not work. It's also pretty easy to burn the wood. I stick with laser engraving now. Costs a little more but clean consistent results.

its_virgil

It's called a Transfer Wand" if I recall. Don't waste your $$$. As mentioned, you can do the same thing with an iron or soldering iron and also. Ink jet will not work...laser printer is needed. I'm thinkind the toner can be transferred with something like acetone or denatured alcohol or another similar solvent. Personally, I use a laser engraver but others are having esxcellent results with water slide decals printed at home with their printer.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

The other day I was looking on the PSI web site & ran across a tool that they say is used to transfer letters/words onto wood pen blanks,, as I was reading about this tool I lost my internet connectiion and now can no longer find this tool,, cant get PSI customer service to reply back to any e-mails,, this tool also showed the blank resting in some sort of cradel,, anyone know anything about this tool of know the PSI item number or name of the tool?

heritagebob

AWSOME,, great help from everyone, and fast too! Read the reviews,, hummmm! Maybe not for me,,, Im going to learn to do water slides,,, seems like that may be a fun way to go.. THANKS everyone!

RMayoIII

AWSOME,, great help from everyone, and fast too! Read the reviews,, hummmm! Maybe not for me,,, Im going to learn to do water slides,,, seems like that may be a fun way to go.. THANKS everyone!

I use waterslides and IMO they're much nicer and easy to do, plus you can do all different colors not just black. I've burnt a couple nice wooden blanks using the transfer method and have since stopped doing it that way.

PTsideshow

It has been around for a long time, and used in a number of crafts, But as been said. It has to be HEAT SET toner like in copy machines or the laser printers I'm sure Ed can give more details if needed. As also been stated any heat source can be used, I have a regular iron that I use for craft work along with a home made wand that goes into a soldering iron or pencil.

I will also ad that with most things in the craft field, It does take practice, practice along with playing with the heat setting on the iron you are using.

Results are generally better with larger sized items, heat sources, along with some toner brands work better than others.

As been said there are other better and easier alternatives to use.
:clown:

Top Bottom