Need Kit Suggestion

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tn-Steve

I'm looking to make a really nice pen for myself, have a very nice piece of wood lined up, and want something that will really show it off. My problem is that I have smallish hands, a Cigar feels uncomfortably large to me, it's too much like being back in first grade, even if I turn it bushing to bushing.

Some suggestions so far have been the ZEN and Stretch, especially since they are a long single barrel and let the wood show.

Any other suggestions? I was sort of looking at the Patriot / Cabara model, but I'm not really in love with the style. I'd prefer Ballpoint to rollerball /FP just to make things more difficult.

Thanks for any and all advice,

Steve

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus

Lou,

Like Meatloaf, "You took the words right out of my mouth"!! :cool:

The Berea Perfect Fit could also be an option.

Odd though it may sound, I think a two piece pen shows off a nice blank better than a one piece pen. I made a Click pen from Aaron using a dynamite piece of curly Koa that I got when I visited his showroom, and it seemed to me that I should have inset something to break up the length of the koa. The next one will have some ivory in there somewhere. (Me digress off the subject at hand? Nonsense!) :wink:

Tn-Steve

Lou,

Like Meatloaf, "You took the words right out of my mouth"!! :cool:

The Berea Perfect Fit could also be an option.

Odd though it may sound, I think a two piece pen shows off a nice blank better than a one piece pen. I made a Click pen from Aaron using a dynamite piece of curly Koa that I got when I visited his showroom, and it seemed to me that I should have inset something to break up the length of the koa. The next one will have some ivory in there somewhere. (Me digress off the subject at hand? Nonsense!) :wink:

Cav, you're almost as bad as I am when it comes to "Thread ADD", but you always add something of value in your ramblings.

Steve

Top Bottom