Need info in laser printing boxes or maybe other options

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

psnjoy

I just got my first large (we atleast to me) order, it's for 500 pens, and my client wants his business logo on the box. I'm gone to some local engravers (trophy stores) and they want $5.00 per box. are there other places that would do it for less? or are there other options burning in in or branding?

Any info would be a help, and just one thing I learned with this order DO NOT UNDERPRICE YOUR WORTH! I looked at the big picture on how much I would make at a price and thought wow not bad, but... ater all the prepwork (cutting, gluing, trimming) and all the other things you really do not notice when you are doing ones and twos really add up.

Sorry to bore you all with the last part but thanks in advance for all your help

Rick

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alphageek

Former Moderator
HOLY COW! Congrats (I think)... I'm not sure I've turned that many pens in the last 2 years. 500 identical boxes? You should be able to get a better price than $5 per for the engraving... Check with Constant (he's on here quite a bit) and see what he can do for you.

its_virgil

Congrats on the order...I think:) 500 pens at one time is not for me. Let us know when it's over and the pens are delivered how you like this kind of order.

I think $5 per box for a laser engraved logo is quite fair. Check with Ken Nelsen at http://www.kallenshaanwoods.com Also, there are a few others on IAP who laser engrave. I don't recall who they are but maybe one will contact you with some info.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

I just got my first large (we atleast to me) order, it's for 500 pens, and my client wants his business logo on the box. I'm gone to some local engravers (trophy stores) and they want $5.00 per box.

Rick

JohnU

Congrats on the order! I hope I never get one that big. I dont think I would sleep until it was finished. I drive myself crazy when I have two or three pending orders. lol

glycerine

Man, you people are crazy! I couldn't imagine an order of 5. Of course I turn pens in my free time, which is pretty slim lately. 500!! Wow. Do you have a duplicator or something or are you actually turning them all by hand?

psnjoy

I turn them each by hand. And I also have a full time job. But for me there is just something in turning pens that just sorta takes me away from rat race of the day. I start at 5 am do some turning then go to work then come home and turn more... I really do not think I'll be doing too many of these large jobs.

and again thank you all for the information it's been a great help

jfoh

When you get a large order you need to stay very organized. Do them in lots of ten or twenty at a time. I cut , drill and glue one batch each day even if I do not turn any pens. Then when you are in the mood to keep turning you are all set. Turn a few other things to keep from being bored by the repeat nature of large orders. Have fun and make some wood chips.

Sylvanite

Is the engraver supplying the boxes? If so, $5.00 each is a pretty good price. If you are providing them, then you should be able to get a volume discount. Have you looked into getting boxes engraved by the supplier directly? You may be able to get it pretty reasonably for a 500 piece order.

Regards,
Eric

nevyen

Not to hi-jack the thread but what kind of a time frame are you talking about here?
I cant imagine doing more than 10 pens on a day off.

Top Bottom