Need ideas to make a Jr Celticus Fountain

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan Masshardt

I sold a jr celticus rollerball to someone who really wants a fountain pen version as well

The kit is only sold as rollerball. But it's similar sizes as jr gent 1.

Does anyone have these two kits woo could try to see if a jr 1 fountain section will screw into a jr celticus ?

I'm not excited about using the jr 1 section even if it works with the quality and glued in nib - so I hear. But I'd gubernatorial it a go if it works.

My other thought is to make a double closed end and incorporate the clip and maybe a band.

Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan Masshardt

The nib is glued in on a Jr Gent? Since when??

I've never messed with one but recall reading it in various places.

We are taking about Jr 1 here not Jr Gent 2.

There is probably a Jr 1 sized section of some variety that will work. I tried a baron fountain section and it did not screw on.

eliasbboy

I called the supplier and he's going to check a fountain nib he carries. I've tried all the nibs I have and none of them fit. The threads are finer with the Celticus kit.

I thought made a fountain before, but I can't remember what kit fit.

Dan Masshardt

I called the supplier and he's going to check a fountain nib he carries. I've tried all the nibs I have and none of them fit. The threads are finer with the Celticus kit. I thought made a fountain before, but I can't remember what kit fit.

Let us know if you find anything out please.

eliasbboy

Junior I! I think that was it! I order a few on accident instead of Jr. 2s.

Now I have to find a place to order one of those. Lol.

Skie_M

Mmmm .... something I don't wanna mess with would be a glued-in nib, that's for sure.

Why wouldn't you just swap out the ENTIRE forward section and just transfer the styling rings and clip over to another pen body?

This way, the body only need be of a similar size, and the finish the same metallic color. You'ld have to figure some way of swapping out the cap's ring and clip, and possibly a design element at the base of the section... do you think that could be done instead?

eliasbboy

I looked at trying to swap everything and it wasn't an easy go. There was significant size differences with the components I have on hand.

Does anyone else know of a supplier other than Timberbits that has Jr. Gent 1 fountain kits?

I only ask because time is a factor and I'm in the US.

KenV

There was a run of JG 1s a few years ago -- Smitty had them -- and the nibs were not changable. That run was not repeated. The Caballero (JG1) sold now has fountain pen nibs that are tight but replaceable (and fountain pen sections are interchangeable with roller sections).

Bean_Counter

Penkits.biz sells the junior 1 but the last batch I got the quality was awful. The threads in the female portion of the cap did not match the threads of the nib end, thus stripping the plastic threads. maybe the issue has Ben fixed????

Dan Masshardt

Assume that a jr 1 will fit at your own peril. You can try different suppliers but don't assume the threads will match just because the kit is generally similar or looks the same.

I tired Jr 1 (don't know who the original supper of it is and baron threaded sections and they did not fit

eliasbboy

Well, I'm CLOSE. I have a box of parts and unidentified pieces, and this one fits.

The problem is I have no idea what kit it's from! Can anyone identify it?

20151027_183925.jpg

Top Bottom