NEED IDEAS FOR A CLIPLESS SIERRA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

altaciii

I have a returning collector that has ordered 7 sierras, 4 of which are to be clipless. After studing and destroying the finial and clip component on one kit I have determined that it cannot be removed without major damage to the piece. So, plan B, is there any other finial that will fit the turned pieces I already have but will not take away from the total look of the pen?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mr

Alex take a look at the LeRoi that Smitty has. Same basic design, twist at the top finial and the clip is seperate.

desertrat

The finial can be disassembled if you apply heat with a heat gun before punching the end cap out. I have done several this way in order to change the clip.
Good luck

John H

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Gatsby or Le Roi

I have a returning collector that has ordered 7 sierras, 4 of which are to be clipless. After studing and destroying the finial and clip component on one kit I have determined that it cannot be removed without major damage to the piece. So, plan B, is there any other finial that will fit the turned pieces I already have but will not take away from the total look of the pen?

The Gatsby from PSI and the Le Roi have pretty much the outward appearance of a Sierra but use different internals and the clip is separate. They are finial twist rather than barrel twist kits. They also do not have the "falling apart" problem that some sierra's exhibit and they don't suffer from getting the transmission crushed due to mishandling either.

Top Bottom