Need Ideas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RyanNJ

I am making a swap pen for someone and i am at a loss for what to make any ideas.. I have slims, cigars and sierras on hand maybe an euro. please suggest a style and a material or 2

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Swaps are never about what pen you make but the friend you make in the trade. I have reveived low end to high end and cherish each one the same. Make what you like the best and you won't go wrong.

seamus7227

I agree as well! Its the fact that you took the time to make something for someone for an exchange. In the 2010 PITH, I too was worried about what to make, but then decided to make what I was currently developing. All in all, I think everything went well. Dont sweat it.

les-smith

If they're from a different state make the pen from the state tree species, burl if possible, send them your state coin, and a few items that are unique to the your state. That's what I did the last PITH I did.

65GTMustang

I recently signed up for the Ausie pen trade.
This is my first pen trade also.
I had the very same thoughts you did - My new friend and I have exchanged an email everyday so far. I asked the preferences he had in the type of pen, color, wood...etc.
He told me that anything I send him would be special, that it was more about making a friend.
He is an extremely nice person and I am so glad I was able to participate. Of course you want to send something nice - After I stopped agonizing over it an idea came to me right away. Just take a deep breathe and allow the ideas to flow.
Whatever you choose will be the perfect pen!

One idea I had also went along with the theme of a specific state....I would love to make a, SOUTH CAROLINA QUARTER PEN!!!

If I only knew the trick on how to bend them to fit the pen barrel.
I wonder if anyone has done this before?
"Seamus" hint hint

Crickett

Dudley Young

I agree with everyone. I just sent my Aussie swap for the long trip. I made a Sculpted Arbor dressed in Amboyna Burl with some Spalding along with 2 wood & 2 acrylic blanks. And we converse almost every day. Such a great guy.

Top Bottom