need help with Southwest pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

triw51

I assembled a southwest pen from PSI and when I went to insert the ink cartridge it would not fit past the mechanism coupler. Upon inspection I noticed the coupler was bent oval. I tried to correct the problem but still can not screw on the transmission. I contacted PSI and they are sending me a new part.
My question is how to remove the damaged part. The tip coupler is already pressed in, so can not use my transfer punches to push it out. I really want to save the blank as it is cholla cactus I filled the holes with espresso grounds and CA.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sawdust1825

I have looked at the assembly instructions and unless I am missing something it appears you could go the other way and screw the tip into the tip coupler and then knock it out. This would then allow you to use a larger transfer punch to knock mechanism coupler out. I hope you have the disassembly pliers because they work great and are perfect for this type of problem.

Instead of buying another pair of those disassembly pliers just because the rubber is worn off, try dipping the jaws in that liquid rubber. I think its called "Dipp-It" but not totally sure. You can buy a can at the hardware store for around $8.00 or so.

Top Bottom