Need help - PSI Sketch Pencil bushing diameter?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mikemac

Hi all..

I'm about to start making a few PSI Sketch Pencisl (PKSPCL) and need to make a set of bushings first. (I didn't purchase bushings, as I always make my own)

I had a friend (thanks Rob) check the original bushings, and they all (3 of em) measure .512

Now, when I measure the actual hardware the TIP, it measures .498, which has me a bit confused.

Can someone with some experience making this pencil comment on what's what with this kit?

Thanks
Mike

Last edited:

toddlajoie

I haven't turned any of the PSI Sketch Pencils. Are they the ones that have the clip built into the upper hardware, or is the clip a separate piece that gets pressed beteween the upper hardware and the pen blank? The later version I have experience with, and while it is a SLIGHT difference, the upper and lower bushings are different ( My JohnnyCNC bushings are .551 and .577 )

If you have the other type, I would suggest you just go with what the hardware reads...

rjwolfe3

The one he is talking about is the PSI workshop pencil. It has the two barrels rather then one barrel. All three bushings are sized at .512" in the instructions and in person. But the nib is .498".

toddlajoie

Aaahh, I acutually have one of those kits around somewhere, but have not tried to turn it yet... Well I would say for stock bushings to be within .01 would be pretty normal, so being .012 over is probably just a bit out of normal, but not overly surprising....

Top Bottom