Need help with older kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tbfoto

At least 10 years ago or more...I bought some "Executive Fountain Pen" kits from Woodcraft. The kit number was #124789. I bought a bag of 10 kits and still have 9 of them in the bag. I want to make these kits... but cannot find any reference to them on the INTERNET anywhere. I would like to buy new ink cartridges for them because I do not know how 10 year old ink will work. Does anyone know anything about this kit and what kind of cartridge it takes....or are they all the same??????

Tom

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tbfoto

This is what my cartridge looks like. Is this the same as any modern kit?

Attachments

• cartridge.jpg
    cartridge.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 78

Simplex

I customized one of these for a customer and purchased the kit through CSUSA. The cartridge in your picture looks about right.

hdtran

This is pretty much a standard "mini" cartridge. Many fountain pens (cartridge fountain pens, not rubber bulb fountain pens) use two of these cartridges in a pen. You have one cartridge as a spare, and one active cartridge.

Also used with technical pens (Mars/Staedtler drafting pens) and calligraphy pens.

I'm sure some of the IAP sponsors and business vendors have them. If not, search this item at amazon.com: 'Monteverde International Size Cartridge to Fit Fountain Pens, Black, 6 per Pack (G302BK)' (without the single quote marks).

Best,

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
That is a standard cartridge, for "kit pens" and others.

It is called an international ctdg. Exotics (see my signature line for link) and several others sell Private Reserve brand. They will work very well as a replacement for what you are showing.

its_virgil

The ink cartridge shown here is the only ink cartridge that is used in the kit pens we make. The cartridge is an "international standard" cartridge and is also used by several commercially available fountain pens. You will have no problem finding them. Several members here sell them. Check in the business classifieds for sellers.

BTW, the ink that comes with our fountain pen kits is very low quality junk ink. I always replace them with a quality ink cartridge or two with each fountain pen I sell or give away. Maybe some of our sellers of quality ink will send you a message offering to sell you some. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Top Bottom