Need help Identifying Pen Kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

grz5

I recently purchased a batch of misc. pen kits from a Craigslist sale and I'm having trouble identifying one of the kits.

The pen is similar to the Triton kit provided by woodcraft but several details don't match up.

the tubes are 10mm.

Let me know if you know the name of the kit and where I could find the instructions for it as well.

Attachments

• penkit.jpg
    penkit.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 266
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

grz5

Thanks! Do you know how long the brass tubes need to be? I purchased several replacement tubes for the triton kit and I'm hoping to be able to use those instead of having to order another batch. (Sadly the kit i got didn't come with the tubes.)

Woodlvr

I have never thought of Craigslist for pen stuff good thinking. I agree that it is a Jr Retro, I hope that they included all of the components, I just looked at the top. Woodcraft carries a Retro tat is a totally different pen. I would look in the library and see if they have it listed there. I will go out to the shop and measure one of my kits for you. We will find you a set if I have to send you a set and drive to CSUSA and get some.

Last edited:

grz5

Send me your address and I will get you a set out.

Thank you! I've sent you my information.

On a side note I want to say thank you to everyone who helped. Your generosity and willingness to help is amazing. Sadly this isn't the norm nowadays in the world but I'm glad I've found an exception to that here :).

Looking forward to being able to give back.

Thanks.

seamus7227

INSTRUCTIONS:they're overrated!:biggrin: LOL, as long as you have the bushings...... NO, just kidding. Cant wait to see the finished pen!

alphageek

Former Moderator
Garrett... I just want to point out that you could VERY WELL have the wrong tubes!!!

You say that you have 10mm tubes with this. 10mm is normally cigar tubes. I fully agree that this looks like a Jr Retro, which uses the same tubes as the Jr Gent and Jr statesman. There should be 1 10.5mm tube and 1 12.5 mm tube!!!

I also believe that this is what you really have, because if you look at the picture that you posted, the 2 pieces right above the refill are the Centerband from the upper barrel and the nib end from the lower barrel. It is obvious from the picture those are not the same size, which proves to me the 10.5 and 12.5mm tubes.

If you truly have 10mm tubes, you need a new set of tubes ... Luckily Jr series tubes are easy to find.

Top Bottom