Need help in identifying kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

larrystephens

I recently purchased a number of these Dayacom kits in the Deals forum and cannot figure out how they go together. Does anyone have any experience or instructions. It is a Cigar sized kit.

Attachments

• IMG_20151019_0001.jpg
    IMG_20151019_0001.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 202
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skie_M

Insert the refill into the transmission properly.

Line up the transmission adjacent to the brass tubes, and line up the tip adjacent to the other side of the tube. It should simply be a matter of eyeballing the tube length compared to the refill in retracted and extended mode to determine which is the lower barrel.

Rob

Larry, this is a Flat Top American snap cap rollerball kit. If you google that name and add the word instructions at the end of the name it will take you Berea's site for the instructions. I pulled them up but can't attach them to this reply. Good hunting.

Rob

Last edited:

larrystephens

Just saw the reply before mine from Skie. I can only assume he was answering a different post/question. The kit you posted has no transmission, it is a rollerball of the type I listed. I've made dozens of them for corporate clients.

Also link below will take you to instructions from woodcraft that are a bit clearer.

Buy Classic American Rollerball Pen Kit - Gold at Woodcraft.com

Thanks Rob,

Things come a lot clearer once you figure out what to do with the plastic cap. This is another example of the breadth of knowledge available on this forum!

Skie_M

Ahh ... I thought this pen had a transmission and was a twist style, my bad. I've never done any styles other that twist and bolt action, so I thought I was looking at a transmission in the top right corner. :)

Top Bottom