Need Help Identifying a Kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mjsix1

A friend of mine asked if I could fix her pen. The basic problem is that the transmission failed. I was able to take the pen apart, but the transmissions is different than any I have seen before (I buy all my supplies from PSI). Can anyone identify this pen kit? The best I can tell it appears to a 8 mm OD tube (8.01 mm measured)with a 7 MM ID (7.13 measured). I would like to get an identical transmission, but any thing that would fix/work would be OK. Anyone out there know what this is?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skie_M

Check out the vendor forums. A lot of them stock pen kits from multiple companies ... you should be able to find a match within a few minutes of looking. :)

Dan Masshardt

You know what my money's on...this isn't a kit pen that a turner made but a commercially made pen. Our local gift shop sells them very similar available.for engraving like that.

Skie_M

He mentioned 8mm tube ... would a common 8mm transmission not work properly, like from a slimline pro?

tbird1957

Looks like a pen that many engraving shops sell. Try to Google Marco (Discount Trophy) or maybe JRS Industries. If it is one of their cherry finish pens, they are cheap, probably not worth fixing.
Good luck.

oneleggimp

Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan 48230 United States o
A friend of mine asked if I could fix her pen. The basic problem is that the transmission failed. I was able to take the pen apart, but the transmissions is different than any I have seen before (I buy all my supplies from PSI). Can anyone identify this pen kit? The best I can tell it appears to a 8 mm OD tube (8.01 mm measured)with a 7 MM ID (7.13 measured). I would like to get an identical transmission, but any thing that would fix/work would be OK. Anyone out there know what this is?

Looks like a slimline transmission. that IS a Cross refill. If you have a slimline kit in stock ta the transmission and compare it to the one you're intending to repair. The slimline just might work.

Skie_M

Looks like a slimline transmission. that IS a Cross refill. If you have a slimline kit in stock ta the transmission and compare it to the one you're intending to repair. The slimline just might work.

Slimline would be too small, only 7mm (.245ID) ... slimline pro is an 8mm kit, and that might work ok. I hesitate to ask if he's got a breast cancer awareness kit or a diva kit, because those are 8mm transmissions too, but those kits are much more expensive than a slimline pro at around 5 bucks.

mjsix1

All,
Thanks for your replies. This pen has sentimental value to my friend, so regardless of it's dollar value, I'm trying to put it back in action. A 7mm transmission (from a slimline) is too small in diameter. I believe the slimline pro is only made in a click pen format. I tried the transmission from a PSI Sculpted kit (8mm tubes), but that transmission is a tad too big. I'm wondering if my best bet wouldn't be to try and contact the Biltmore, and see if they would mail me an identical item, and I could part out the transmission.

southernclay

image-1940439802.jpg

Yep Dan nailed it. This was a freebie done by a local Christian store I got years ago. PM me your address and I'll send the whole pen out to you. It will be one day next week before I can get it out.

Top Bottom