Need help identifying blank/ kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RyanNJ

I need help identifying the kit and blank in the picture to make a duplicate and a pencil

cb .444
06971414.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rkimery

Passed Away May 3, 2022
In Memoriam
Gun metal color. http://www.woodturningz.com/Slimline_Pen_Kits.aspx

Slimline Pen Kit - Gun Metal (Fancy)
These 7mm slimline pens are now offered in this beautiful Gun Metal Plating! Gun Metal Plating looks exactly like "Black Titanium" at a fraction of the cost! Depending on the lighting and the angle it is viewed at it changes color from light to dark. Another way to describe Gun Metal would be "Smoky Chrome".

Pencil Kit: Item: PK-PENGUN2

ohiococonut

It looks like a 24k gold slimline with a comfort center band. It's easy enough to swap out, I've done it. It makes for just a little bit fatter slimline. Compare the size of the final, otherwise it's just a comfort without the cushion tip.
As for the blank, no clue.

sbell111

It looks like a 24k gold slimline with a comfort center band. It's easy enough to swap out, I've done it. It makes for just a little bit fatter slimline. Compare the size of the final, otherwise it's just a comfort without the cushion tip.
As for the blank, no clue.
Not only are those centers easy to swap out, but the only differences between the fancy slimline kit and the comfort kit is the fatter center band and teh rubber grip that we all throw in the trash.

The kit is a comfort. Due to photo quality, I can't tell if it's silver (chrome), gold, or gunmetal.

The blank looks kinda like a mica pearl Star Spangled Banner blank from PSI. I don't think that it's Woodcraft's Super Hero. Of course, it could have been made from someone around here, in which case, they will probably identify themselves pretty quickly.

sbwertz

the only differences between the fancy slimline kit and the comfort kit is the fatter center band and teh rubber grip that we all throw in the trash.

Don't throw it in the trash! It makes a great OOPS recovery for a slim that has a really BAD blowout. I salvaged a really nice modified slim with no CB the other day when the gnarly mulberry blank exploded and blew the whole tip off the lower barrel. I just turned the end off and put one of those recycled comfort grips on.

Top Bottom