Need help with a hot pink blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edicehouse

Someone has requested a hot pink blank. I am talking highlighter hot pink. I am sure one of the blanks from wood craft would work, but unsure what color to paint the inside. So any advice? Coton Candy with orange backpaint?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

76winger

For a lighter pink use white. For a bolder pink get some hot pink for the inside as well! Of this will somewhat depend onon how opaque the acrylic is. I personally like a couple of the hot pink & Cotton Candy colors of Acrylic Acetate, but there's certainly plenty of possibilities out there.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Hot Pink

I did this pen a little bit ago. Is it pink enough? I'm thinking it's the solid pink fom PSI - backpainted white.

Attachments

• chicago.jpg
    chicago.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 214

randywa

I made this home cast last year, and painted the tube silver. And just because I could, I added a bubblegum scent to the pen.

Attachments

• pink.jpg
    pink.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 187

Phillikl

Thinking outloud and may be off base, wonder if nail polish would work to paint the tube with?? I know they have like a kazillion colors to choose from.

dplloyd

Pink Flamingo looks really nice. It's has a silvery streak and it looks shiny but not enough ot over power the pen. Woodcraft carries it.

JayLo

Made this the other day. Hot Pink acrylic from Bear Tooth Woods and clip from WoodnWhimsies.
-J

Attachments

• Breast Cancer hot pink 1.jpg
    Breast Cancer hot pink 1.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 149

randywa

And just because I could, I added a bubblegum scent to the pen.

How, pray tell?

I ran into a guy who formulates scents for a living and he gave me some sample scents. I cut some disc's to fit inside the tubes and soaked them in the juice. After a year it still smells like bubble gum.

With the scents being oily, I'm not sure if I could add it to the resin when casting, but it might be worth a try.

panamag8or

And just because I could, I added a bubblegum scent to the pen.

How, pray tell?

I ran into a guy who formulates scents for a living and he gave me some sample scents. I cut some disc's to fit inside the tubes and soaked them in the juice. After a year it still smells like bubble gum.

With the scents being oily, I'm not sure if I could add it to the resin when casting, but it might be worth a try.
I've got a bunch of essential oils and fragrance oils from when I was making shaving cream, so I may try something like this.

mick

Ed, as far as painting the inside Delta Ceramcoat makes a very hot pink acrylic I've used several times for reverse painting. It's called Pinkie Pearl and is available at Hobby Lobby or Michael's

edicehouse

Kelly, that looks like pink flamino. That is the blank the guy ended up getting, I back painted it red, and he knows his wife is going to flip out about it.

Top Bottom